Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The Latest Happenings at MDB - Lots of Photos!

First off I MUST show off the first success of my new Food Candles. Not only do they smell like food...but you're going to have to take a really close look to figure out if they are real. I will allow my image to do the speaking.



The calender has turned into the Fall months and people are ordering lots of great pillar candles in Fall baking and spicy fragrances. My studio smells so comforting I have to resist the urge to take naps! 

Something about Sandalwood intermingling with Mulled Cider takes me back to my childhood in Colorado. In the Fall the whole neighborhood would go up to the mountains to chop down marked trees and load them on to our neighbor's large truck (he was a trucker and somehow could get a semi for us...talk about amazing fun for kids!). The large logs would be loaded on to the truck and then unloaded in front of our house at the bottom of our cul de sac and for weeks everyone got to chainsawing and chopping and splitting. 

It smelled so great and to this day I love the sound of a chainsaw off in the distance. Anyway...Fall is full of memories and comforts. Here are some of the beauties I've been working on.


No comments:

Post a Comment